Category: WDBP Project

Just received the first two pre-production prototypes of the Wireless Debug Probe (WDBP) from MacroFab. After initial inspection and power-up I am so far very pleased with the quality of the work done. There are a few firmware issues to …

Project Update #2 Read More »

For several decades I have designed, built, and tested my own PCBs for several products/projects. During all of that time I made use of traditional “through-hole” mounting components. Beyond the schematic capture and PCB design software no special tools were …

Transitioning to using SMT components Read More »

In my previous post I wrote about interrupts and atomic operations in embedded systems. After getting bitten myself with just such an issue I thought I would write about the details of what I just experienced on my current project. …

More on interrupts and atomic operations Read More »

I have been trying to track down a particularly tricky problem on my Wireless Debug Probe over the last few days. When embedded systems begin to perform in strange, apparently illogical, ways the culprit is usually related to interrupts disrupting …

Interrupts, atomic variables, and the “volatile” keyword Read More »

When I started this blog it was partly to track the progress of my latest project, briefly mentioned here. Over the month or two following the original post a number of issues were discovered with the original design. It used …

Project update #1 Read More »